Mercury Free Dentistry

I have long been a proponent of Mercury Free Dentistry.  About 20+ years ago I had all my mercury laden amalgam ("silver") fillings removed.  I then had all the mercury that had accumulated in my body removed by chelation.  The doctor that removed my amalgam fillings used rubber dams in my mouth with a special vacuum device that removed all the toxic gases through a special filter then to the outside air so I wasn't breathing in the mercury released during the removal process.  This is the only safe way to have it done.  But then the resin composites used to replace the amalgams may have their own problems - guess you can't win!

For more background and information see Mercola-Amalgam or just browse the web under mercury fillings.

As a historical note, when amalgam fillings first came out they were recognized as the danger they were and the dental association of the time spoke out against the procedure - but they were cheap and fast (follow the money $$) so a new group was formed to promote the procedure and put the old organization out of business.  Guess what the new organization was called?  The American Dental Association.  See ADA History

No comments: